Tuesday 30 August 2016

Task 3: Who am I?

Hey,

I'm not an Indian or a terrorist, and I practice Christianity not Islam.

Being a girl doesn’t make me sensitive or moody during that time of the month.

I’m not related to the only other brown person you know, although I'm sure they're really, really nice.

I am the eldest child in my family, but I’m not necessarily bossy.

I speak English and Urdu and know some basic words in French.

And I am polite, but not by saying, “Sorry!”, all the time.

I can proudly say I work at Tim Hortons, Canada’s best coffee shop.

I believe in feminism not misogyny; diversity not assimilation, and that nature is magnificent, especially our Great Lakes.

Winter is the most beautiful season, our wild animals are just as important to us as our pets, and we wish each other “Happy Thanksgiving” in October not November!

Canada is the second largest landmass! The first nation in multiculturalism! And the best part of North America! (and maybe the world)

My name is Ina and I am a second-generation Pakistani Canadian!


Thank you.


Here is an audio link:



No comments:

Post a Comment